Today Zachary made Guinea Pig Salad, a recipe from The Little Pigs' First Cookbook.
- Peel 1 fresh ripe pear, or use canned pears.
- If using a fresh pear, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the core.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on each of two small plates.
- Grate a 1-inch cube of cheddar cheese onto each leaf for the bed of straw (or use pre-shredded cheese).
- Place 1 pear half, round side up, on each bed of cheese.
- Place a mound of cottage cheese at big end of pear for tail.
- Decorate the small end of the pear with raisins for eyes and nose. Use sliced almonds for ears.
Later, I pulled the boys away from their Leapsters to paint the fence for me: