Sunday, January 3, 2010

The irrational hillbilly swaddled the idealistic prune, or Ice cream flannel board.

Today is Corey's 4th birthday!:



And here is one of his presents, a flannel board made from a poster frame, an old sheet and some tape:



I got these pattern cards, as well as the templates for the felt pieces, from Making Learning Fun:



Zachary cut out the two cherries, and I added 20 chocolate chips for some counting fun:



And also for making faces:



The birthday boy at work:

5 comments:

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

Oh, I like this! GoGoGirl (3) has a super sweet tooth and so a love for all things candy, cake and ice cream. She would get a kick out of this and the patterning and counting practice would be great. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Would like to make one of these myself- what kind of sheet did you use- was it cotton or flannel?

jennwa said...

That is a great felt board idea. Fun, but it would make me hungry.
Thanks for sharing such a fun and easy project.

Shara said...

I love the flannel board idea! My son just turned 4 on January 6th as well. Thanks for sharing!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

~ Shay

Mama to 5 said...

Nice job - we love this making learning fun site too. They have some great ideas! :)