Thursday, January 13, 2011

The fubsy gravedo congratulated the anorchous winbrow, or Mostly healthy bentos.

I was too busy eating cupcakes and whoopie pies for my birthday yesterday to post any bentos, but here is today's Easy Lunchbox bento for Zachary:














(turkey & cheese sandwich, carrots, blackberries, and half a double chocolate cupcake from Society Bakery in Dallas)

And a couple of pre-Christmas bentos I neglected to post before now:















(pasta shells with zucchini, leeks and melted cheese; chips; baby spinach, walnuts, pears, and goat cheese)














(vegan chocolate banana zucchini bread, carrots, curried chickpeas with spinach and potatoes)

The pasta and curried chickpeas recipes can be found in a cookbook I highly recommend, SOS! The Six O'Clock Scramble to the Rescue, by Aviva Goldfarb, and the vegan chocolate banana zucchini bread recipe can be found at Anja's Food 4 Thought.

I'm linking this post up to What's for Lunch Wednesday at What's for Lunch at Our House.

3 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

How thoughtful of you to give up 1/2 of your third cupcake! I hope Corey got the other 1/2.

EasyLunchboxes (Kelly Lester) said...

These are so great! Please feel free to share your wonderful lunches on our Facebook Wall or upload to our Flickr Group. I'll tweet these out as well. Yum!! :)

Camille said...

My youngest child is 20 years old and in college now but I am feeling such lunch box guilt right now looking at your wonderful lunches.

*sighs*

I could have done better.